Resin, also called epoxy, has really taken the woodworking world by storm. Lots of woodworkers have become intrigued by resin and what it can add to their projects. This medium provides lots of room for creativity, but if it isn’t used correctly, there can be a myriad of problems. It all starts with making sure you’re mixing the resin correctly, and Jess Crow will help us with that.
There’s more to mixing resin than simply pouring it in a bucket and stirring it up. You’ve got to make sure:
- Your shop temp is correct
- The resin-to-hardener proportion is right
- The time spent mixing is right
- You don’t mix too aggressively or not aggressively enough
- You understand how humidity affects resin
- You understand how to use resin pumps
- You have solvent for cleaning up resin
- You know how to use calibrated measuring cups
About Jess Crow
We’re very lucky to have Jess Crow helping us on this video. She’s a resin artist and an expert in the field. You can check out her work on Instagram @crowcreekdesigns. When it comes to mixing resin, Jess knows some great tips, and she’s very willing to share them with us.