Show Us Your Project

150 Responses to “Show Us Your Project”
  1. William S.

Just learning joinery, my interest is in Shaker style furniture making. My latest work was a console table in cherry and black walnut. With no design specifications, I built the table from a Pinterest photo.

• Michael Gidney

Retired and just enjoying my
      Small shop. Like doing children furniture. Have three chairs in process now. Having FUN!

• Dean Saling

Hello fello retiree. Do you happen to have a design for a childrens swing in the shape of a horse or unicorn? Thank you, Dean

2. kenneth pangburn

It takes just over 100 hours to carve and paint. the wings are separate. the majority of the BB is air brushed.

3. Carl J.

Grandfather clock I made several years ago. Constructed with red oak and Carpathian Burl, clock parts made in Germany.

4. Paul

I made three of these shaker wall clocks and donated them to be auctioned off for veterans charities. All made from cherry.

5. Paul

I made this flag case for the wife of my childhood friend and brother-in-law of more than 50 years. Made completely from Purple Heart.

6. Michael Kindret

I wanted to make a new dinning room table at counter height, with a couple of leaves. My old table expanded to 60″x60″ so I used this as a starting point, building a base. I then started on the top which would slide onto the base. I used maple for the frame of the top and then used pieces of maple, oak, poplar, pine, cedar and oak plywood inlaid on the top I then started built a jig so that I could rout out the center pieces to a uniform depth and then started pouring in the resin. I finished it off with spraying a clear satin poly. after a couple of days drying, I put on some car wax and buffed it out. All together it took about 2 1/2 months to finish

7. William S.

Great contrast! Do the drawers have anything to stop them from falling out when someone pulls them out beyond their safely held positions?

8. Clay Agent

Tired of all the wasted space under regular router tables so I built this which has LOTS of storage for bits, accessories, and other tools. Also very stable with 4 dual locking casters.

9. John J. Thrash

Built this for a friend who couldn’t find a professional cabinet maker to do it.

10. Paul Clipper

Building a cigar box violin was an interesting way to learn about violin scale lengths and various dimensions that need to be followed in order to make a playable instrument. This was a fun thing to build, and it looks great up on the wall!

11. Howard Kasdan

Arts & Crafts style sideboard/buffet in quarter sawn white oak; dark walnut oil finish

12. Benny

Daughter-in-law wanted a farmhouse/ mid century modern dining table. I think I gave her what she wanted.

13. ELLIOT SAVITZKY

This was my first piece of Shaker furniture I built using the plans from Christian Becksvoort featured in FWW.

14. Edward C Lankow

Expandable table. Two leafs pull out from under top and expand to double table size.

Hi Larry. You can drag your file to the area right above where you enter you name. If you are having trouble with that you can email us your picture and we can submit it for you. Here is the email address. wwgoasubscription@program-director.net.
      Jean-Woodworkers Guild of America Video Membership

15. Vaitogi Taetuli

I need plans and ideas how to build a homemade boat out of pallets and apply fiberglass.

Hello. Sounds like a cool project, but unfortunately we do not have any plans for something like that. Good luck and please send us a picture when you complete it!
      Paul-Woodworkers Guild of America

16. Greg B

Finished this earlier this year. Inspired to build this after seeing them in the Stickley furniture store in Denver and the original desk on display at Gallery Furniture in Houston.

17. Toby Thompson

Still need to paint base white and the bottom shelf and table top will be a coco bean stain

18. Carlo

I dislike how all domino table look all alike so I do designs on my table and not one is alike the other. For pictures of other tables please e-mail me for them 🙂 Thank you for this opportunity to show some of my works.

19. Mike Beaudette

I changed the angle of the seat and back and raised the height of the front of the seat and made the backs higher. This makes them easier to get out of and you can lean your head back on the backs.

20. steven griffitts

Started a small home woodworking business “thinWoodline” Instagram and ETSY using same name.

21. jim wachsman

I have been learning how to make these new river tables this is my last one out of 4

22. Eileen B

Convinced my brother and sister-in-law that I could replace their “plain Jane” door and create a new one for their mid-century modern home.Success!!

23. Francis Hartman

My Bride’s new table. I used white oak for top and legs. For the rails I used red oak. I stained with a gel and satin clear coat.

24. GARY

Decided to make my wife an Adirondack chair, ottoman, and table. When I finished, I decided I needed a chair and ottoman too.

25. John

Recently retired from 9-5 job. Now I have a 24 hr hobby. Just learning how to make beauty from scraps

26. Jeffery Mills

26 String Harpune
    A BeardedWonder Productions Production by
    BeardedWonder

The harp took five or six weeks to construct in my car port with two or three hours a day four or five days a week spent. It took thirty to forty minutes of set up and put away and clean up for each session so only an hour and a half to two hours per session was actual working on the harp. It was slow and fun work as I have never made an instrument so complex.

The harp has a thirty inch long sound board and is about forty two inches high. It is a Paraguayan style harp where the string are strung in the middle not on the left hand side as traditional folk and modern concert harps. This makes it lighter and easier to build as the stresses are all down the middle of the harp. You may have noticed that it use guitar tuners instead of tuning pins. Easier to tune and no wrench to drop or loose.
    John Kovac – Harpmaker 26 String Harpune kit for the hardware plans and strings. One bold and six screws and it is in pieces again.

~!~ Thank you for viewing ~!~

BeardedWonder

27. Matthew Weaver

Old piano that’s been handed down and was headed to scrap, so I turned it into a mantle.

28. DeWayne E Maddox

this is a 48 inch self contained water wheel 30 gallon reservoir, 500 gph adjustable water pump. plug and enjoy the motion and sound of falling water. Also build a 40 inch all here in my wood shop.

29. Mark Knox

Garage “mudroom” lockers in progress. 3/4″ maple plywood, maple face frame and poplar trim.

30. Dennis Caruso

I have many more of these works. I’m not a carpenter, I do make cabinets, Doors, mostly one of a kind piece’s of wood art.

31. Frank Couch

Your plan for a vegetable bin was a great idea to fill an open space in our kitchen counter. I had to modify the dimensions to fit the existing opening. The top bin serves as a bread box. Thanks, WGOA!

32. Kevin

Custom woodwork.
    “Doing what we love for those who love what we do”
    30 yr Veteran- Worked with the best and continue to make nothing less!
    Instagram:timberfrogwoodworks

33. Paul Bick

All made out of game used, broken hockey sticks.
    End table measures 21inches square, 16 inches high

34. Michael

I’ve been making these for 35 years and the bell shaped roof is my secret. Its perfectly round and not heavy as you might think

35. Michael

All types of birds enjoy these houses. I’ve had blue birds and several other species of birds nest at the same time.

36. Bill Schneider

This is my version of a bedside table my granddaughter made for me. She (9th grade when she made it) showed me how to make the top. It was great to see her interest in woodworking and learning a new technique from her.

37. Eugene Rogers

If your a beginner like me, I took handouts of power tools from veteran woodworkers and learned on them. Then added better tools as I went along. Took about a year to accumulate and build. But to me it was worth the wait.

38. Chuck Olson

I had a well cover, for a dug well, that was chipping and cracking. I repaired that but decided I needed to completely cover it so I built a well cover.

39. jim armbrust

Both of these projects are made from repurposed wood and materials. I am just getting back into woodworking.

40. John

I’ve been a carpenter for over 40 years; found the love of restoring and building antique boats 20 years ago. Since retiring 5 years ago, I’m finding time for some special projects.

41. Donald

This is a great use of the CnC router. I am a Marine Corps Vet. Thank you for that share. I just got my CNC router and did two projects with it. i am still learning

42. Dorald

Commissioned by my neighbor to build this sofa table with a hidden compartment for keeping his “Home Defense” items concealed and safe. The drawer is activated by a RFID card when placed in just the right area. Neighbor gave me the +30 year old walnut stock to use because it was from his father which he lost recently. Sort of a memorial table with added security! Top has a maple inlay surround with matching leg pegs.

43. Wayland

I wanted my dog Ollie to ride along with me when we go camping. He enjoys the rides we take. Made out of mostly scrap pieces I had around the shop. Did have to purchase a half sheet of luan.

44. Rodney Miller

This is a small Mesquite bowl turned from wood I found laying on the ground in Chandler, AZ.

45. Kirk Hagen

I build tall case mission style clocks as an avocation. I have two for sale right now. They have a German made mechanical movement that chimes every quarter hour. It makes a beautiful sound. These clocks are made to resemble Stickley reproductions.

46. Kirk Hagen

I’ve built tall case mission style grandfather clocks for four years now. I have two for sale right now.

47. Dave

1968 Dodge A108 camper van restoration project. The layout is similar to the original but much improved. The cabinet below the fridge contains a heating/air conditioning system out of a big rig truck. I’m now prepping it for paint after welding 45 feet of body seams.

48. Charles Adler

My brothers new house in mountains of North Carolina . So I made him benches and a flower box for one corner of his deck . First project.of this size for me !

49. Dean Saling

Hello, your zebra is very well done. Good job. Do you happen to have a design for a children’s swing in the shape of a horse or unicorn? Thank you, Dean

50. Jason Menk

Half log siding, scraps from a job. Oak bar top, pallet wood behind bar,Corrugated steel below that. All free material.

51. Lou Waller

Large salad bowl was a Christmas present for daughter and family. About 11 inches in diameter and 8 inches tall. It has a hickory base. Finished with food grade walnut oil.

52. David Kennedy

I have made over 40 of these for nieces nephews,friends and charity events for my wife’s pre-school.

53. Ed France

i’m having a problem finding plans to build a bar for a basement for get togathers with friends, where could I find plans here. maybe my wording is wrong

Hi Ed. We do not have a plan like that unfortunately. We do, however, have extensive resources on cabinet making and furniture making that should be helpful to you as you plan for this project.
      Paul Woodworkers Guild of America

54. Bhalchandra

Dining Table with Bench, hand made in KD European Pine, size: Table 1265 mm L x 780 mm D x 760 mm H,Bench 1045 mm L x 360 mm D x 460 mm H finished with WATCO food safe Butcher Block oil & finish for natural look.

55. Darrell Martin

A Rocking Horse I built for My granddaughter Made out of Oak With Leather Reigns And A Mop Mane And Tail And Glass Eyes Painted pupil.