Wow!! That’s my very understated reaction to the Freud Steel Demon circular saw blade. I ran across this blade while shopping for circular saw blades at a home center, and was amazed to see that it’s capable of cutting mild steel up to ¼” thick. No way!! I figured it’s time for a circular saw blade review.
To date I’ve been cutting metal for my welding projects with an abrasive disc. I MUCH prefer the cutting speed and cut quality from the Freud Steel Demon. After testing this on my circ saw I bought a 10” blade I can use on an old miter saw. That will really speed up my metal processing. I honestly can’t get over how well this blade plows through mild steel.
I don’t know the answer to this, yet. I’ve made dozens of cuts in mild steel with no degradation of performance so, so far so good.
- There are a few Steel Demon blades available.
- Thin metal; less than 3/32” thick.
- Medium metal; 1/16” – 1/8” thick.
- Thick metal; 1/8” – 1/2” thick.
- The thin and thick metal blades are available in 7-¼” blades with a 5/8” or 20 mm arbor. The medium metal blade is available in 6-½”, 6-¾”, 7” (20 mm arbor) and 7-¼”. I’m using a medium metal blade in this video. All of the blades have a TCG (triple chip grind).
Want to know more about the Freud Steel Demon blades? Visit Freud’s website or call (800) 334-4107
Using power tools
From CNC routers to table saws to jointers, and more, WWGOA has LOTS of great information on using power tools. Have a look at our page dedicated to Using Power Tools.