Benchtop CNC routers are quickly becoming a mainstream tool in many shops. This class will make sure you’re getting everything you can out of this amazing machine while teaching you many new skills.
We’re going into this class with the assumption that you have basic CNC router skills. Prior to taking this class you should be comfortable with:
- Zeroing the X, Y and Z axes
- Locating your work on the spoilboard
- Securing your work to the spoilboard
- Basic design work in VCarve
- Basic toolpathing in VCarve
If you feel you’re a little short on any of these topics you should take our Benchtop CNC Fundamentals class before taking this class.
Ready to go to the next level? You’ll learn about:
- Your spoilboard: Repair, routine maintenance, flycutting
- Your post processor: Making VCarve life a little easier by hiding the many post processors you don’t need
- Making multiples: How to easily get project blanks on and off your CNC with repeatability
- 3D clipart: Roughing pass, finishing pass, bit selection
- Adding text to 3D surfaces: Bending text and conforming it to the surface
- Finger joints: Joint layout, optimizing the fit
- Inlay: Duplicating shapes and fitting one part into another
In addition to the detailed video instruction, this class provides you with some downloadable resources and helpful information to print and keep, including a detailed Class Guide you can follow and use as a reminder for the key points of the class, and a Resources document that will give you information on the products you’ll see in class.
If you’re ready to take the next step in building your woodworking skills, this is the class for you.
NOTE: You’ll receive this Class video instruction in two forms: As on-demand streaming video (in your WWGOA Account); and as a physical DVD, mailed to you.